Quality upgrade never stops for the raspberry Pi team. From the previous version board of raspberry Pi 2, the huge leap is made in advancing the board for the Third generation development by introducing the two major on-board upgrades, the Third generation raspberry pi 3 board is now integrated with the support of next generation Quad Core Broadcom BCM2837 64-bit ARM-v8 processor, making the processor speed increase from 900 MHz on the Pi 2 to up to 1.2GHz on the Pi 3.
The other major upgrade looks for the potential scope of low power IoT applications. Pi 3 board now comes with built-in BCM43143 Wi-Fi chip and Bluetooth low energy (BLE) facility, making the only standalone Interactive platform for low power IoT applications and eliminating the use of external Wifi adapter which drains out lot of power.
Some minor upgrades are in power supply by raising the amps rating from 2.0 amps as in Pi 2 to 2.5 amps in Pi 3, thus delivering out more power for powerful devices.
Remaining physical architecture of the board is same as in Pi 2 with full support of cases and accessories compatible with Pi 3, i2 and Pi B+, giving enough space and speed for trying new and Hi-tech applications with the support of HD touch displays and camera.
• Quad Core 1.2GHz Broadcom BCM2837 64bit CPU
• 1GB RAM
• 802.11n BCM43438 wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1 & Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
• 40-pin extended GPIO
• 4 USB 2 ports
• 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
• Full size HDMI
• CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
• DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
• Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
• Upgraded switched Micro USB power source up to 2.5A